Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cheezy Frenzy Chicken

Cheezy Frenzy Chicken

Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods. I could eat for dinner every night if allowed to. After spending  this day with my friends, I was exhausted. I was running in just a couple of hours of sleep due to the drive of the night before. I tapped out around six and left her on the couch while she did dinner. Sometimes it feels good to be lazy. It feels even better when you are at your parents house.

Finally it was time to eat. My mom set the table and places the enchiladas at my bowl! She has been making healthier swaps in kitchen and lit them lately! It was still great! I could Just say she changed her original recipe. She served the enchiladas with Spanish rice. My dad, her, and I devoured most of the pan. The pictures in this post are leftovers from dinner, where Enchiladas you and they are one of my favorite foods. He could eat for dinner if I was allowed every night.

INGREDIENTS
10 Low Carb Tortillas Tumaro 8 inches,
1 pound boneless, Skinless chicken breast (diced and cooked in a pan with olive oil)
2 Go Veggie Cheese Cups
1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
1 Can Diced Green Chiles, diced
¼ cup chili tomatoes
½ cup corn feast,
3 Tbsps Whole Wheat Flour,
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup Red Enchilada Sauce,
3 Tbsps organic butter
1 Tbsp cornstarch.

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken, enchilada sauce, baby corn, tomato, pepper, and 1 cup cheese.

2. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. (About 3.4 cup at every turn)

3. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray. Place the rolled tortillas in the baking dish.

4. Add organic butter to a saucepan. (In high) Whisk flour, cornstarch and cook for a minute. Add the broth to the sauce and continue to stir until thickened.

5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the Greek yogurt and chiles. Pour the sauce over the tortillas with a cup of cheese. Then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe look really interesting Regina! I'll have to give it a try. Pinning it now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete